Assalamualaikum & Salam Sejahtera,
Kami sekeluarga memang minat dengan Roti Cinnamon. Tapi Cinnamon Sticky ni baru kali kedua saya buat. Memang sedap...tapi tak boleh makan selalu...nanti kencing manis pulak.
Resepi yang saya cuba ni ialah resepi dari salah seorang pastry chef kegemaran saya, Anna Olson. Suka tengok bila dia beraksi di kaca TV dalam rancangan Sugar, Fresh with Anna Olson dan Bake with Anna Olson. Resepi yang satu ni dari rancangan Bake with Anna Olson. Banyak juga ilmu serta tips yang boleh dipelajari dalam bidang kulinari melalui rancangan di rangkaian AFC ni.
Okey, mari kita semak resepinya ya!
Cinnamon Sticky Bun
Sumber: Anna Olson
1 ¼ cup 2% milk, just above body temperature (105 F)
2 ¼ tsp (1 pkg) instant dry yeast
¼ cup sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup - saya ganti dengan susu full cream
Filling & Assembly
⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. For the dough, measure all the ingredients into a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon, or blend in a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment until evenly combined. If mixing by hand, turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, or if in a mixer, knead for about 3 minutes. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, 90 minutes to 2 hours.
1. For the goo, add the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and the mixture is bubbling. Pour this into a greased 9-x-13-inch pan the prepared pan and set aside.
Filling & Assembly
1. For the filling, stir the brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. Have the melted butter ready.
2. Turn the risen dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a rectangle about 18-x-12 inches. Brush the entire surface of the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon brown sugar mixture. Roll up the dough from the longer side and then cut the roll into 12 pieces. Place these into the prepared pan, evenly spaced, cover with plastic wrap or tea towel and let rise for an hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 F). Uncover the risen sticky buns and bake them for 40-45 minutes, until they are a rich golden brown (Saya bakar pada 170 F api bawah selama 25 minit, dan sambung selama 20 minit lagi dengan api atas-bawah). It is recommended to cool the sticky buns for 15 minutes in the pan before inverting to serve.
4. The sticky buns are best served the day they are baked.
Tip: If you want to enjoy the sticky buns first thing in the morning, prepare the buns to the point of cutting the dough and putting them in the goo in the pan, then cover and place in the fridge overnight. Take the buns straight from the fridge and place in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 350 F and bake for 45 minutes. By the time the oven gets to temperature, the buns will have raised the perfect amount.