For the Crumb Cake:
- 2C sugar
- 1 C milk
- 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 C self rising flour
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 stick (1/2 c) Margarine
- 1 Cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1 cup flour (self rising or plain, whatever you have on hand)
1. Spray two loaf or 8×8 pans with cooking spray.
2. Place peeled bananas in mixing bowl, add sugar. Mix until bananas are liquefied.
3. Add margarine, mix until creamed together with banana mixture. Add all other ingredients and blend well.
4. In medium bowl, place all topping ingredients. Cut together with a long tined fork until well blended.
5. Pour 1/4 of batter into each pan, top with 1/4 crumb mixture.
6. Pour remaining batter over and top with remaining crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 175-180 celcius..
8. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.